Sign up now to download these 10 green smoothie recipes which will help you to lose weight in a NATURAL, EASY and most importantly SAFE way!
Sign up now to download this invaluable report in which you’ll find out how to deal with gout naturally.
Replace them with foods that possess strong anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties, such as cabbage, kale, and broccoli.
The main ingredient in this recipe is red cabbage, a veggie which is super nutritious. It contains phytochemicals like lutein, indole-3-carbinol, thiocyanates, anthocyanins, and sulforaphane.
These potent antioxidants neutralize free radicals which can cause various serious diseases like heart disease and cancer.
They help prevent prostate, breast, and colon cancer, as well as lower LDL cholesterol levels.
Red cabbage also contains vitamin A, C, E, K, B vitamins, dietary fiber, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, pantothenic acid, thiamin, folate, riboflavin. Vitamin A in red cabbage has also been linked to reducing the risk of lung cancer.
Its sulfur-containing compounds have detoxifying properties which protect from radiation exposure. This is also a reason why cabbage is great for your digestive system.
Other health benefits of red cabbage include:
- Helping the weight loss process— being low in calories but high in vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber which leave you full for a longer time.
- Prevents premature aging— due to the antioxidants and high levels of vitamin A it contains.
- Boosts your eye health— being an excellent source of vitamin A, which prevents formation of cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Boosts your immune system— the important vitamin C in red cabbage stimulates the function of white blood cells in the body which is forming the body’s first line of defense.
- Helps protect Alzheimer’s disease— the anthocyanins it contains reduce the chances of the plaque that causes cognitive and memory loss in people.
- Healthy bone growth and development— it contains minerals which contribute to bone mineral density, and protect against arthritis, osteoporosis, and different types of inflammation. Some of them are calcium, manganese, and magnesium.
Purple Elixir Recipe
To get all benefits from red cabbage and many more, prepare the following juice using the ingredients listed below.
- 1/4 red cabbage
- Half a cucumber
- 1 green apple
- Handful of fresh mint
- Handful of fresh basil
The preparation is extremely easy. Just juice all ingredients, and your purple elixir is ready. Drink immediately.
Migraine attacks, which are quite common these days, can last from a couple of hours to three days. However, these headaches are still poorly examined and treated, as their cause is of complex nature. They can be caused by neurological, environmental, and genetic factors.
All attacks are different and vary to a great extent. Therefore, apart from the common symptoms like throbbing and searing pain, some people experience “auras” before onset. In some cases, the person may also experience nausea, chills, sweating, sensitivity to light, sound, or smell, and vomiting.
It has been scientifically shown that over 300 million people worldwide suffer from migraine headaches, about 6-7% of men and 15-18% of women. Moreover, it is estimated that about 20 million migraine attacks occur on a daily basis.
Causes of Migraines
Many studies have dealt with the causes of migraines, but none of them has managed to fully explain the occurrence of migraines. These theories are often incompatible, but most of them agree that the causes of migraine are the following:
1. Vascular Constriction in the Brain
Blood vessel constriction and a decrease in blood flow may often be a cause of migraines. This constriction is usually followed by dilation and stretching of blood vessels, which in turn activates the neurons responsible for pain.
2. Changes in Serotonin
It is believed that migraine pain can be caused by swollen and inflamed blood vessels, including those in the brain.
3. A Neurological Disorder Related to Nerve Cell Activity
Migraine attacks are often result of neurological disorder linked to nerve cell activity which moves through the brain and causes pain.
4. Excessive Increase of Blood Flow in the Brain
According to certain studies, headaches are not preceded by decrease in blood flow but by an increase of up to 300%. Still, once the migraine attack is in full swing, circulation seems normal or slightly decreased.
Vitamin Deficiency and Migraines
A recent study has found that vitamin B6, B12 and folic acid supplements cause reduction in migraines over the course of six months. These results were gathered by earlier researches as well, such as a 2004 study by the European Journal of Neurology which emphasized the fact that migraine attacks can be prevented by consumption of high doses of riboflavin.
Another thing which makes people prone to migraines is a certain gene mutation or dysfunction which is caused by increased levels of homocysteine. It has been found that hymocysteine can be reduced with the help of B6 and B12. The appropriate dose of these vitamins depends on your genotype.
According to Professor Lyn Griffiths:
“… if all patients received the same vitamin dosage for the same period of time it would be expected that those with TT genotypes, having a reduced enzymatic rate, would metabolize less homocysteine over the treatment period compared to C allele carriers, thus resulting in a smaller reduction in homocysteine and consequent migraine symptoms.
Indeed, it may be that TT genotypes although having a higher risk of disease actually require a larger dosage of vitamins to exhibit the same effect as C alleles. Further clinical trials of much larger patient cohorts are required to test this hypothesis.”
Griffiths says that the optimal dose of B vitamins heavily depends on the genetic profile. “The success of our trial has shown that safe, inexpensive vitamin supplements can treat migraine patients,”-she adds.
Still, migraine attacks can be caused by other types of vitamin deficiency as well. Namely, a study at the 50th Annual Meeting of the American Headache Society discovered that 42% of patients with chronic migraine have vitamin D deficiency. In fact, the longer a person suffers from chronic migraines, the more deficient in vitamin D.
The prevalence of cancer in our society is constantly on the rise and there are various contributing factors, from environmental to emotional. However, food still seems to play the critical role here, as the old saying ‘we are what we eat’ is still relevant. This means that making certain dietary changes and removing a certain ingredient from your diet will help your body thrive.
Cancer’s Fuel – Sugar
Since the 1920s Dr. Otto Wartburg and his colleagues have been talking about the relation between cancer and sugar. Cancer patients are still kept in the dark and many doctors fail to tell their patients that they will have a more difficult time fighting the disease unless they remove this ingredient from their diet.
Dr. Wartburg, a German biochemist, medical doctor, and Nobel laureate was completely certain that starving cancer out of the body is possible. Although this may be difficult, it is something that could change the game.
According to his theory, malignant cells and tumor growth are directly caused by cells that generate energy via adenosine triphosphate through a nonoxidative breakdown of sugar. This process is called glycolysis and the recycling of the metabolite from this process and the circulation of adhA back into the body causes anaerobic respiration. This is the opposite of what happens with healthy cells. Healthy cells generate energy through oxidative breakdown of pyruvate, leading to oxidized mitochondria. Therefore, this means that cancer is a mitochondrial dysfunction and its elimination from the diet prevents cancer`s development.
Removing the obvious culprits, such as cakes, candies, and cookies, is quite easy for most people. But, the problem is that many packaged foods are loaded with sugar, which is hidden in the label. For instance, ‘healthy’ products like cereals, whole wheat, whole grains, bread, and yogurt can be full of sugar.
The simplest way to remove unwanted sugar from your diet is to stop eating at restaurants, at least temporarily, and to stop buying pre-packaged foods. As unbelievable as it sounds, even salad dressing offered in restaurants can be full of sugar. To overcome sugar cravings easier, boost your plant-based proteins and consume more nutrition-packed foods.
Many people all over the world have the habit to lay down after having a dinner and to watch a great movie or TV show. However, this is a terrible habit and there are more like this one which get in the way of reaching our healthiest potential.
In this article, we will present you 5 things you should never do after having dinner or lunch:
Even though people are aware of the fact that smoking is very harmful for their overall health, they still continue smoking and they even do it right after having a meal. Instead of doing that, wait a couple of hours after eating and then smoke a cigarette because they contain nicotine which binds to the excess oxygen that is necessary in digestion, thus allowing your body to absorb more carcinogens than normal. There are some studies which have discovered that smoking right after a meal is the same as smoking ten cigarettes at once. Moreover, this also increases the risk of bowel and lung cancer.
- Eat Fruit
If you want to eat some fruit, the best time would be before meal, on an empty stomach because fruits require different enzymes to digest, and the simple sugars contained in fruit need more time in order to be absorbed completely. Moreover, when your belly is empty, you benefit from all the nutrients, fiber and simple sugars. On the other hand, eating fruit close to or after a meal, will cause burping, heartburn, indigestion and many other discomforts.
If you go to bed right after a meal, you will experience bloating, discomfort and odd sleeping patterns because this will cause your stomach to burn through the night. According to one study conducted at the University of Ioannina Medical School, people who waited for a longer period of time after consuming food, had less chances of experiencing a stroke. This means people should not eat at least a few hours before going to bed.
Never shower right after having a meal because then our bodies increase blood flow to reach our hands, legs and body, thus decreasing the amount of blood flow in the stomach. As a result of that, our digestive system is
weakened and inefficient, which leads to stomach pain.
- Drink Tea
Make sure to avoid drinking tea right after having dinner because it interferes with the absorption of iron. Our body is prevented from reaping the benefits from the fruit because the tannic acid in the tea binds with protein and iron in our food. According to the statistics, this result in 87% decrease in iron absorption. Lack of iron in our body can lead to anemia, which is a deficiency of red blood cells In the blood, thus causing chest pain, cold hands and feet, brittle nails, poor appetite, pale skin, extreme fatigue, weakness and dizziness.
As you can see, some things should not be consumed right after having a meal, so the next time you want to eat or do something after a meal, make a mental note of the time and leave some space in between lying down, eating fruit, drinking tea, or showering. When it comes to smoking, just make sure to get rid of this bad habit once and for all.
Sugar is tasty, but we all have the tendency to eat too much of it. Fortunately, we’re here with seven signs our bodies may use to tell us we’re eating too much sugar!
- A constant feeling of tiredness or fatigue is one of the biggest signs you’ve got too much sugar in your diet.
- Although high-sugar foods can give you a big carbohydrate boost and temporarily lend a feeling of increased energy, the crash that comes afterward is a daunting one. Feeling tired all the time may be a sign that it’s time to reexamine your diet to see if you’re eating (or drinking) too much sugar.
- If you find yourself craving the sweet flavor of sugary snacks on a daily basis, chances are you’ve become a sugar addict.
- Sugar consumption can create a chain reaction of sugar cravings because it is so sweetly addictive. If you hear the carbs calling your name with every move you make, you could be in the throes of a deep sugar addiction.
- If you find yourself falling ill more often than you used to, it could be due to having excessive sugar in your diet.
- If every virus that goes around seems to find you and make you sick, it could be due to your penchant for sugary treats. Consumption of too much sugar can weaken your immune system, making your body’s natural ability to fight off colds, flu viruses, and even chronic disease weaker than it would be if you avoided foods with added sugars.
- This fog is a common symptom of low blood sugar. When you eat a lot of sugar, your blood sugar levels rapidly rise and fall instead of gradually doing so.
- When your taste buds need lots of sugar to feel like something is sweet enough, it can be tough to lower your base level. However, it you cut back and suffer through it in the beginning, you’ll eventually lower your tolerance again and be content with minimal sugar. You might even start to feel like things are too sweet for you and—gasp!—be happier consuming sugar in moderation.
- Sugar has an inflammatory effect on the body when it is eaten, so it can also contribute to inflammatory skin problems.
- If you find yourself suffering from acne, rosacea, eczema, or even just excessive oiliness or dryness, sugar could be to blame. Some people find that cutting sugar out of their diets greatly improves their skin problems (not to mention their overall health).
- According to Dr. Sherri Greene, a podiatrist in New York City, sugar could also have an inflammatory effect on your feet. This inflammation could appear in your foot as plantar fasciitis, which causes pain in the thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of your foot, in your heel, or elsewhere in your foot.
- Excess sugar is excess calories, and since it has no protein or fiber, it doesn’t fill you up (so you just keep eating it). It also triggers the release of insulin, a hormone that plays a big role in weight gain. When we eat sugar, the pancreas releases insulin, which carries sugar to our organs so it can be used for energy. When you load up on sugar, your body’s told to produce more insulin—over time, that excessive output can lead to insulin resistance. Insulin resistance means our bodies can’t respond to normal amounts of insulin properly and therefore can’t use sugar the right way. The initial weight gain from simply eating too many calories from sugar is being compounded by the disruption to your normal insulin response (there’s a link between insulin resistance and obesity). What’s more, when the pancreas works in overdrive for too long you can develop diabetes.
Today we will present you a diet plan which is healthy and can help you to lose weight fast. It doesn’t contain any weight loss supplements, on the contrary, it’s based on fresh and healthy food. Instead of taking weight loss pills that can have side-effects like diarrhea and nausea, you should try this healthy plan.
If you follow the plan for two weeks, you can lose up to fifteen pounds. It is about adding lemon into your daily diet and balancing the meals. Because of the antioxidants and vitamin C content you will also get other health benefits. You will notice the improvement of the digestive system and skin in no time.
Squeeze 1 lemon and combine it with one glass of water. You should drink it three times per day with meals.
Squeeze two lemons and combine it with 50 milliliters of water and divide it into two doses. One dose should be consumed on the morning, before the breakfast and the second after dinner or before going to sleep.
Repeat the method from the 1st day.
Repeat the method from the 2nd day.
Consume one glass of lemon water before your breakfast. Also, you need to consume green vegetables during the day and before going to sleep you should consume another glass of lemon water. To eat healthy and lose weight at the same time check this > 3 week diet plan.
Repeat the method from the 2nd day.
Repeat the complete plan.
You will notice the first results in just 14 days.
Rub This on Any Scar, Wrinkle or Stain You Have on Your Skin And Enjoy Them Disappear in Minutes! Even Doctors Are Shocked!
All people wish to have perfectly smooth skin that is shiny, healthy and looks gorgeous. In order to achieve that, people are spending a lot of money on expensive products and trying various treatments, which contain chemical and often are ineffective.
Instead of such products, our advice is to try using natural remedies that are incredibly efficient and will keep your skin healthy and make it glow!
In today’s article we are going to present you such remedy that will eliminate stains, wrinkles and acne from your face and will make your skin look better than ever.
Honey is the main ingredient of the mask. This nectar possesses numerous health benefits. This remarkable mask is great in fight against acne, blackheads, blemishes and stains.
It is super simple for preparation and here’s what you should do:
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon powdered cinnamon
Preparation and use:
In a bowl mix all ingredients until you get homogenous paste. If you have sensitive skin, add more honey.
Honey is one of the greatest natural ingredients that posses soothing properties and can relieve inflammation. Still, people who are suffering from rosacea should avoid it as it dilates blood vessels.
By your choice, you can add green or white clay in this mixture.
Before applying this mask, wash well your face and pat it dry with clean towel. Carefully apply the mask on the affected areas and let it to act about 10 minutes. After that, rinse off with water.
You may feel burning sensation, but you should not worry as that is sign that the mask is working. With regular use you will eliminate all skin problems in really short time.
The turmeric, pineapple, ginger and lemon are the best items for inflammation and tumor removal. It cannot be enough well put that these are really healthy and make you better overall.
These are their benefits:
It has citric acid and this dissolves kidney stones. Studies proved the lemon has 22 items to fight cancer and reduce its risk by 50%! To add to this, due to C, B6, folate, potassium, citric acid and fibers the lemon cures many issues too.
It has magnesium, bromelain, manganese, vitamin C, and B1, B5 and B6. It soothes coughs and soreness in throat, but also it promotes toxin removal and excess weight loss.
It has curcuma, the best agent for fighting cancer. Studies shown that turmeric is much better than some drugs even.
This one kills cancer and has gingerols, shogaols and paradols.
Black pepper and coconut oil
Improving absorption of nutrients.
- 3 inch turmeric
- 2 cups pineapple
- 2 inches ginger
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 lemon peeled
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Put everything in a blender and keep the coconut for last. In the end add it to the smooth mix and stir with a spoon. Have this in those 15 min after making it to get all the benefits.
Source and image source: besthealthyguide.com